Bucks beds and herts motorcycle meets

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robin Hood Clifton Reynes meet

2 posters

Go down

Robin Hood Clifton Reynes meet Empty Robin Hood Clifton Reynes meet

Post  Anda_d Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:40 am

Hi all just to let you know there is a nice little biker meet at the pub in Clifton Reynes between Bedford and Milton Keynes. It's every Wednesday at 8 till late. They are a friendly lot and its well worth popping in if you want a chat.

I will be at the meet on the 22/08/12 as I cant get a sitter for the boy for the 15th.

So please let me know if anyone else is coming on the 22/08/12 as it would be nice to stick a face with the name Very Happy
Anda_d
Anda_d

Back to top Go down

Robin Hood Clifton Reynes meet Empty Re: Robin Hood Clifton Reynes meet

Post  Torro125 Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:17 pm

I shall be there. I got some shock horror looks when I asked for the night off, they are not used to people working 7 day weeks.

I had a ride out there a couple of days back to see if I could finds the place. I knew where Olney was, but that was about it. Clifton Reynes is a couple of streets down a road marked as no exit. The pub is on the "main" road. Should be interesting to see it filled up with bikes.

Torro125

Back to top Go down

Post  Anda_d Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:48 am

Thats the one the pub with no car park LOL its not a huge meet only about ten to twealve but every one is nice and of course want to talk about bikes so its all good Very Happy
Anda_d
Anda_d

Back to top Go down

Post  Torro125 Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:02 pm

I am rather looking forward to this now. The night off work will be seriously appreciated too.

10/12 people ought to be enough to make it interesting without getting over crowded.

Torro125

Back to top Go down

Post  Anda_d Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:04 pm

Torro125 wrote:I am rather looking forward to this now. The night off work will be seriously appreciated too.

10/12 people ought to be enough to make it interesting without getting over crowded.

Glad you are looking forward to it will be good and nice to meet you at last too
Anda_d
Anda_d

Back to top Go down

Post  Torro125 Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:45 am

It was good to meet up with you last night and made a rather pleasant change to actually go out and meet someone. I shall have to see about getting there regularly, especially when the time comes to replace my bike.

Torro125

Back to top Go down

Post  Anda_d Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:39 am

Torro125 wrote:It was good to meet up with you last night and made a rather pleasant change to actually go out and meet someone. I shall have to see about getting there regularly, especially when the time comes to replace my bike.

Yeah it was nice to meet you to. Its a good little meet that I think I will try to get up there as much as possible but it all comes down to getting a sitter but should be able to make it most other weeks.

I liked Torro as well thats a smart little bike for a 125 even if its never go to the fastest thing on two wheels. I'm also glad I got to see it before you replace it for something with a bit more poke
Anda_d
Anda_d

Back to top Go down

Post  Torro125 Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:08 am

I spent quite some time looking at what was available, and reading all the comments about Chinese bikes before buying it. The vast majority recommend buying Japanese, but I couldn't find one that I was prepared to pay for and didn't really think that paying £1300 delivered was much of a risk. If it only lasts 3 years it is still worth it. It is well supported over at the Pioneer Nevada Owners Club, with a mechanic member and a parts shop too, not to mention the combined knowledge of the membership in general.

Most important though, I just liked the look of it. I Just need to get out on it daily now, to get in plenty of road practise for my test, as I know that mod 1 ought to be OK having almost successfully completing it last time. So, I know I can do all that they want, just need to keep clear of cones! Then the road test, and that is more about looking about, correct speed etc., so that is just about taking care of things for 20 minutes or so.

I shall make an effort to make these meets, I just have to watch out for cash as no work means no pay, none of this modern stuff like paid time off or paid holidays or minimum wage. Very sad that life has come down to take what you can and put up with it, but that is how it worked out.

Torro125

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down