Bucks beds and herts motorcycle meets

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bikes in on thursday to have crash bungs

2 posters

Go down

Bikes in on thursday to have crash bungs Empty Bikes in on thursday to have crash bungs

Post  Anda_d Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:21 am

I think they are worth fitting but I do find it strange that you have damage the fairing to fit them so that you dont damage your fairing.

What do people think about fitting them ? worth having or just an eye soar?
Anda_d
Anda_d

Back to top Go down

Bikes in on thursday to have crash bungs Empty Bungs

Post  S J Stark Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:41 pm

Heya,
I know from much feedback and personal experience that they serve a great purpose of protecting the bike to a degree and slower or stationary drop (like i did)...BUT..and a faster pace they have the potential to write off an engine...which in many cases would not be covered by insurance as its classed as a modification :/ The choice / chance is yours...i still have mine on Embarassed
S J Stark
S J Stark

https://www.facebook.com/steve.blaydon

Back to top Go down

Bikes in on thursday to have crash bungs Empty Re: Bikes in on thursday to have crash bungs

Post  Anda_d Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:25 pm

S J Stark wrote:Heya,
I know from much feedback and personal experience that they serve a great purpose of protecting the bike to a degree and slower or stationary drop (like i did)...BUT..and a faster pace they have the potential to write off an engine...which in many cases would not be covered by insurance as its classed as a modification :/ The choice / chance is yours...i still have mine on Embarassed

Thats a good point but thats why you should only fit R and G crash bungs as they are the only ones insurance approved Very Happy

Oh then let you insurance company know.

And its low speed crashes i'm worried about because lets face it at high speed the bikes likely to be toast with or with out them
Anda_d
Anda_d

Back to top Go down

Bikes in on thursday to have crash bungs Empty Bungs

Post  S J Stark Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:31 pm

I have R&G Aero bungs fitted...i think they are a little more cosmetically pleasing to the eye Smile
S J Stark
S J Stark

https://www.facebook.com/steve.blaydon

Back to top Go down

Bikes in on thursday to have crash bungs Empty Re: Bikes in on thursday to have crash bungs

Post  Anda_d Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:07 am

S J Stark wrote:I have R&G Aero bungs fitted...i think they are a little more cosmetically pleasing to the eye Smile

There what I'm having fitted to my daytona. R and G have been saying they are going to make ones that you dont need to cut you fairing but they have been saying that for year and still nothing so cuting holes it is.

I have the orginal round ones on the fzr and if you look at them they are ugly but unless you're looking for them I don't seem to notice them.

But I think they are worth it for the peace of mind it gives me.

Anda_d
Anda_d

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum